Saturday, March 22, 2014

Holiday Fun - St. Patrick's Day


I'm reviewing "I Stand All Amazed" this week.  We played 4 Corners explained here. And then we had time for some fun.  I "found" a box of Lucky Charms




Inside the box were some enchanted shoes that made me dance when the children were singing.  It was a little silly, and I had prepped my own two Sr. kids.  They approved the idea but looked super embarrassed afterward.  I asked them how it went, and they said my dancing was dumb.  They wanted amazing dancing...me ripping out a whole routine.  Oh well.  The kids sang through their smiles, so it was worth it.


I also hid little Irish objects around the room that the chosen child could hunt out with songs attached to review program songs and work in some spring songs.


My new invention this week was a gift from my Stake Primary Music Leader.  She gave me this little bell to use as I wished.  I decided to try getting their attention with it after games.  I had them practice being sloppy and not paying attention and then snapping to position when they heard the bell.  During our game, I used it a couple times, and it was quite effective.  (We will see how long it lasts. :)